Sunday, December 20, 2009

Okay, can ANYBODY tell me a crumbly cornbread recipe using corn flour instead of cornmeal/flour?

Yah, I know I sound pretty desperate there, but no one really uses corrn flour anymore. My local grocer's doesn't stock cornmeal for some strange reason but has a bag of cornflour instead to sell. I've tried various recipes for cornbread and searched on Google with cornflour instead, but whenever I try the recipe it comes out soft and cake-like. I'm a person who likes crumbly cornbread instead so if anyone can tell me a recipe that has crumbly cornbread using cornflour, I would be really happy. I know this is a lot to ask for cornbread (cornbread?!) but I'm just a cornbread fanatic. Thanks!Okay, can ANYBODY tell me a crumbly cornbread recipe using corn flour instead of cornmeal/flour?
Without the corn meal you can not get the desired texture you want. Can you find instant grits? You might try some of them next time in your recipe.Okay, can ANYBODY tell me a crumbly cornbread recipe using corn flour instead of cornmeal/flour?
The problem is the texture of the cornflour. If it isn't coarse in texture, you will get a cake like bread when you bake it.

No comments:

Post a Comment