Sunday, December 20, 2009

I need a great ';made from scratch'; sweet tasting cornbread recipe, could you share it wth me?

I would love a corn bread recipe that everyone raves about, that's a little on the sweeter side! Thanks for sharing your secret recipe with me!I need a great ';made from scratch'; sweet tasting cornbread recipe, could you share it wth me?
I make these with or without the corn kernels and in my opinion they are equally good both ways and are awesome with a bowl full of Chili :)





Cornbread Muffins





1/2 cup butter, softened


1/4 -1/3 cup white sugar (to taste)


1/4 cup honey


2 eggs


1/2 teaspoon salt


1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour


3/4 cup cornmeal


1/2 teaspoon baking powder


1/2 cup milk


3/4 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed





Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease or line 12 muffin cups.


In a large bowl, cream together butter, sugar, honey, eggs and salt. Mix in flour, cornmeal and baking powder; blend thoroughly. Stir in milk and corn. Pour or spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. (I use one of those ';squeeze n' release'; ice cream scoops)


Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.





Hope this helps, Happy Baking :) I need a great ';made from scratch'; sweet tasting cornbread recipe, could you share it wth me?
Sweet Corn Bread Pudding- Try this sometime its excellent.


Ingredients


1/2 onion, diced fine


1-ounce unsalted butter


1/2 teaspoon thyme


1/2 teaspoon rosemary


1 (15-ounce) can creamed style sweet corn


1 cup heavy cream


2 eggs


1 teaspoon baking powder


1/2 cup yellow cornmeal, whole grain, stone ground


1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese


1 teaspoon kosher salt


Ground black pepper to taste


2 cups French bread, cubed


Directions


Heat oven to 350 degrees. Sweat onions with butter and herbs in an oven safe skillet until translucent.





Combine corn, cream, eggs, baking powder, cornmeal, Parmesan, salt, and pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add cubed bread and fold to combine. Pour batter into skillet, right on top of the onion mixture. Bake 50 minutes, or until set. Cool slightly before serving.



Why make it from scratch when there is Jiffy?! Jiffy cornbread mix in a box is great. I add about 3 tablespoons of sugar to it and it is great. My husband thought it was homemade for years until we had it at his moms!! Good luck!
Sweet Cornbread


http://www.recipezaar.com/83625
Go to www.allrecipes.com they should have plenty of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment