Sunday, December 20, 2009

Can I use 2% instead of skim milk in a simple cornbread recipe?

Will it make a difference in how it turns out?Can I use 2% instead of skim milk in a simple cornbread recipe?
Absolutely. It will just have a slightly richer taste and texture.Can I use 2% instead of skim milk in a simple cornbread recipe?
As long as it is milk it is fine. They just suggest skim milk because it's healthier. I use 2% in every recipe that contains milk. No sense in buying milk my family won't drink just for a recipe.
yes, it won't make that much of a difference. the more fat in the milk the more moist the cornbread will be.
It will be fine, you are adding to the calorie count but other than that not changing much else.


I use a can of creamed corn rather than milk and it turns out great.
you could use water and apple sauce to make up the milk.
it would be more better and would have a bit more nutrients

No comments:

Post a Comment