Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cake like cornbread recipes?

and is it best served with honey butter and beans? maybe blackeyed peas or great northerns or combo or the 2???? watcha think people?


I have a couple of boxes of Jiffy cornbread mix and well lets see what u guys come up with!


THANKS!Cake like cornbread recipes?
I had a co-worker who had worked at Tippins restaurants who had an excellent sweet, cake like cornbread. She said that if you mixed a box of jiffy cornbread mix and jiffy yellow cake mix and the liquid and eggs indicated on the boxes that it made a cornbread like that. I tried it and it is true, although maybe a little bit dry - Buttermilk might make it moister. I also add a couple of tablespoons of sugar and flour to my boxed corn bread mix and it also makes a sweeter cornbread.Cake like cornbread recipes?
Just make the Jiffy boxes like the box tells you to.... a fun sub is to use bacon grease instead of oil/margarine.... more flavor. You can also add in a chopped jalapeno pepper. and a handful of shredded cheddar chz.





I like cornbread w/ pinto beans, red beans, navy beans.... whatever you've got sounds good to me!
I always make my jiffy cornbread mix with a couple of tablespoons of honey and follow the directions otherwise - they always turn out good, but I let them cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment