Thursday, December 24, 2009

Can I use polenta for this cornbread recipe? (Can I grind it?

I'm making cornbread for the first time, made with buttermilk, and calls for ';cornmeal';


I have a package that says ';Corn Grits'; and in brackets (Polenta). Can I still use this polenta for it? If it would change the texture, can I simply grind it to a fine texture?





Please help?Can I use polenta for this cornbread recipe? (Can I grind it?
Grind it to a fine texture.... Gotta love Wikipedia :) this is what they say:





Traditionally the corn for grits is ground by a stone mill. The results are passed through screens, with the finer part being corn meal, and the coarser being grits.Can I use polenta for this cornbread recipe? (Can I grind it?
I've never tried it, but I tend to think that your cornbread would turn out VERY heavy and kind of brick-like.





I say, go get some corn meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment