Sunday, December 20, 2009

Does anyone have a really good cornbread and pumpkin bread recipes?

I have a pumpkin bread recipe, but it wasn't flavorful enough. I want a tangy, flavorful pumpkin bread and a nice, crumbly cornbread, with that nice corn flavor. I'll award ';Best Answer'; to the best recipe.Does anyone have a really good cornbread and pumpkin bread recipes?
I know I don't have a good one. Sorry.Does anyone have a really good cornbread and pumpkin bread recipes?
I have a sweet corn cake recipe that my family simply loves and craves I can share with you ... I simply use two boxes of Jiff brand corn bread muffin mix (follow the directions on the box as to how many eggs to add, etc.) then I add one 14 oz can of creamed corn and one small freezer bag (we freeze a lot of sweet corn in the summer) of kernel corn to the corn bread mixture. I also add about a cup of white granular sugar and again, follow the directions on the box (whether I am making muffins or johnny bread) ... It turns out great every time and the kids eat it up!
I'll give you my recipe, but first...how will you know which is best? Do you plan on baking every recipe you receive or is this just speculation?
Sour Cream Cornbread.





INGREDIENTS:


1 1/2 cups cornmeal, 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1 level teaspoon baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 cup sour cream, 1 can (15oz) cream-style corn, 3 eggs and 6 tablespoons melted butter.





METHOD:


Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together the remaining ingredients in another bowl. Combine the wet and dry mixtures, stirring until all ingredients are moistened.





Grease and flour a 9-inch baking tin. Add the mixture and bake at 375掳 for 35 to 40 minutes.
I am an old fashioned country cook. If you want your cornbread crumbly use less buttermilk and make sure you use buttermilk in your cornbread. I cannot eat cornbread made with sweet milk!


Sorry, i never follow a recipe.


But a good cornbread recipe is on the back of Martha White Self Rising Corn Meal bag. But as i said use buttermilk instead of sweet milk for your bread.


Hope this helps.
  • laons
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment