Thursday, December 24, 2009

Cornbread recipe with corn on the bottom?

My mom says that traditional cornbread is made with corn kernels on the bottom. She is looking for a recipe, but I haven't found any with corn kernels on the bottom of the bread. I know I can just modify a recipe, but I'm also wondering why I can't find anything. Is my mom wrong?Cornbread recipe with corn on the bottom?
Some cornbreads were made with corn on the bottom of the pan.





Make the corn bread the same way you usually do, but drain a can of whole kernal corn and pour it into the bottom of the pan on top of the butter or oil.





You could also use creamed corn for this.





I really like that old shoepeg white corn and creamed corn in the bottom of a dutch oven cornbread! That makes it really good.





Heat the dutchoven or cast iron skillet in 400 F oven with butter or oil in it. pour the corn blend into it, then top with the cornbread batter.





My mother in law always put any left over corns into the next cornbread batter. ALWAYS!! Is this a Kansas thing?Cornbread recipe with corn on the bottom?
Just make regular cornbread and then mix in corn kernals with the batter. It's delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment