Thursday, December 24, 2009

I need an easy cornbread dressing recipe with no meat.?

Thank you!I need an easy cornbread dressing recipe with no meat.?
A jar of mayo. That's as easy as it gets.I need an easy cornbread dressing recipe with no meat.?
I don't measure anything so you will have to wing it, but you will get the idea. Mix dried chopped white bread with crumbled cornbread (I make jalapeno cornbread) add sauteed onion, celery, and fresh sage that has been cooked in lots of real butter.Then add poultry seasoning (enough to taste) pour in vegetable stock (enough to moisten well, but not soupy) salt and pepper to taste.When it tastes right add to eggs and pour in greased casserole dish.Bake 350 for 45 min.
1 large onion, diced


1 bunch celery, chopped


2 cubes butter


2 boxes Mrs. Culbetson's cornbread stuffing mix


2 eggs, beaten


hot chicken broth or turkey stock from the gizzards and neck.





Saute onion and celery in butter. Pour over stuffing mix. Add eggs and stir. Add chicken or turkey stock to moisten. Season with fresh ground pepper. The other seasonings are in the dried bread mix. Enjoy!
well, you can start with store bought corn bread, or make some and dry it out, then





saute your veggies of choice, in which ever oil you use, along with your herbs, while bringing veg stock to a simmer





then cool your veggies a bit and add them to your bread crumbs, toss em thru a bit then add enough broth to moisten your mixture, to the consistancy you desire





everything can be done with out exact meassurements as you are building your own recipe essentially, but keep track of your meassures and then youll know what you did next time.





good luck, if you have any other questions hit me up.
allrecipes.com Choose one right for you. Some even use store bought stuffing. I make my own cornbread and use 12 slices of day old loaf bread just to get started! I found it in an old Southern Living cookbook, but even my mom did it the same way, except I don't put the meat in it. I use chicken broth and other seasonings.
Check out ';Stove Top'; cornbread stuffing. Comes in a box, just follow the directions. I think ';Stouffer's'; has one too, but I have not tried it. The S.T. is delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment