Thursday, January 7, 2010

I need a good recipe for sponge type cornbread.?

Recently I got to try some cornbread that was spongy like it was unsweetened but some of the best I've ever seen. I never have cared for the grainy type and fell in love with this, does anyone have a recipe that fits this description, Thanks!I need a good recipe for sponge type cornbread.?
1/4 cup vegetable oil


2 cups cornmeal mix


1 1/4 cups milk


1 egg -- beaten


1 1/2 teaspoons fennel seed -- cracked


1 1/2 teaspoons pepper -- cracked





Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Pour the shortening in a 10-inch cast-iron


skillet. Place the skillet in the hot oven. Place the self-rising cornmeal or


mix in a bowl and whisk in the milk and egg. Add the fennel and pepper and


stir until thoroughly blended. Stir the hot shortening into the batter, then


pour the batter into the hot skillet. Bake 15 to 20 minutes, until done. Serve


piping hot with butter.I need a good recipe for sponge type cornbread.?
allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment